Still needs work, but we’re gettin’ somewhere!
This tiny world has been getting a lot of attention because my friend eversims has been working on decorating it. I decided to release a revised version— edited the road placement, greatly improved the textures, and replaced the ugly bridge with a Riverview bridge.
This release is a beta— it has no lots, and it’s up to you to play around with it and make it your own.
- THIS IS A BETA. INSTALL COMPLETELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have not playtested this thoroughly and there might be some bugs or some routing issues. I highly doubt anything about this world will explode your entire game though. I will not be providing help with this release.
- REQUIRES RIVERVIEW BRIDGES FROM MODTHESIMS. There is no way to package the bridges with a world currently. Go download them from HERE (at the bottom of the post).
- Requires WA. I used red maple trees from WA.
- No lots have been placed. This is up to you (hence beta).
- Not playtested (hence beta).
- It is not pre-populated. My taste in puddings may not be your taste in puddings.
- I used a MySimRealty heightmap as the base terrain for this world, because I couldn’t properly morph terrain to match the edges of the Sunset Valley distant terrain myself (because I fail). Other than a vague part of the heightmap it has pretty much nothing in common with the original world, as I didn’t even keep any roads or textures from it whatsoever, and sculpted 90% of the terrain all over again.
- Having trouble getting the world to show up in your main menu? This is a bug with installing worlds since the 1.42 patch. Workarounds can be found in this thread HERE.
- Can’t place a blank lot in Edit Town? This is a game-wide issue, especially if you are trying to place a lot where another lot used to be (and got demolished). If you are placing a lot where another lot once was, save your game and exit to the main menu. Then reload. If you are having trouble getting a lot to snap to the road, hold down your ALT key while placing the lot, as it allows finer placement. You can also rotate it freely so you can get it to match the angle of the road.
- HELP Riverview Redux broke my game what do I do?! Shouldn’t break your game, but if you want to uninstall it, you need to go into the Nonpackaged > Worlds directory you installed it to via the instructions in the MTS link and simply delete the file. Make sure to delete any saves you have in the world as well.
surfaces - end table, Price 20, 992 poly
two variations, CASTable two channels, nine slots
So you’ve got your denecklaced 5th Avenue clothes (thanks i-like-teh-sims!), but just what happened to those necklaces?
Well, they’ve been necklacified by Frenneshay of course!
- Find both under accessories.
- One recolorable channel each.
- Function as real life necklaces (requires World Adventures).
CAS REHAUL [BASE GAME]
Alright! During my quest to make this game my ideal game, I’ve noticed a couple things about CAS. 1. There’s a lot of shit. 2. That shit shines.
This will fix both of those problems.
I will not answer any questions that is explained.
In this zip folder are a lot of things. One is a file called ‘[ilts] BG no more shine’ - this will remove (or, in the case of leather, reduce) the shine of BG items. This works for all ages. In SOME cases, things will appear slightly flat. Luckily, this really applies mostly to a lot of ugly items.
Then you will find files to hide misc, hideous CAS items - clothes, hairs, costume make up. Eventually, I want to hide everything, but for now this will do :P
I tried to keep them pretty clearly labelled by the game generated name. Some are individual files, and some are combined (afSkirts, for example, because by 3 AM I was getting lazy). This will not delete them from your game - instead, they will just be hidden from CAS. If you want something back, just remove the file. This is for A/YA only - some teen files might be hidden though, I’m assuming.
You can LIKELY merge these files, I’m guessing. They are quite small regardless. As far as I know, there are no conflicts with any other mods. Feel free to correct this conclusion if you are having an issue!
Does it speed up loading times? Not really. But it’s less to load, and less to scroll through.
I will be doing this to all EP’s and SP’s, as well as working on hiding the remaining BG items, so please be patient!
If there are any errors with this, please let me know. I’ve tested it pretty extensively but since I don’t play the game, it’s possible that I might have missed something!
DOWNLOAD - CAS REHAUL
Just wanted to say thank you to all the Simblrs out there for your follows and support! You guys are the best.
I know I’ve got a bunch of projects already underway, and even more ideas I haven’t even started yet, but I took a break from it all and finished something simple. Should be ready by the end of the day or tomorrow. Teaser coming soon…
Finally :) Hurrah!
I love you! Thank you for this!
SO good! So true.